Covid-19 - yes it will end, so start planning your New Zealand self drive adventure now
During March 2020 the New Zealand Government introduced strict laws affecting travel to, from, and within New Zealand. And whilst it's not practical to travel here now, the good news is that these restrictions will not last forever.
So don't get caught in the rush. We encourage you to start planning now for your dream New Zealand holiday.
Our website has loads of great information to help you plan your New Zealand self drive holiday.
And of course if you have any questions, just ask us. Happy holiday planning
U.S.FTC Guidelines note: we act as an affiliate for several companies that feature on our website. In some cases we may earn a commission from referrals to those companies. For further information please refer to our Privacy and Disclaimer policies which can be found in the "US" tab.
Our Hobbiton Tour takes you on set to the famous village
Hobbiton Tour Prices
NZD$255 per person (including light lunch)
Children 5 to 12 years NZD$135
Airport transfer additional NZD$ 50
After an early pick up from your hotel, we head out of the city and soon find ourselves in the rolling countryside made so famous in the movie. Our journey takes us to Matamata and the iconic New Zealand sheep farm which is home to the Hobbiton set.
Your guided tour of the Hobbiton set immerses you in the spirit and romance of this special part of cinematic history. See where your favorite scenes were filmed and hear stories about the filming and production of the movie. Explore the hobbit holes and snap some memorable pictures as you drift away and imagine what it was like on set.
Your tour includes a light lunch at the Shires Rest, and we also stop for a drink at the Green Dragon.
This is a day tour that you will never forget.
- Experience New Zealand's beautiful scenery on your scenic tour to Hobbiton.
- Join our guides on a fun and informative tour of Hobbiton.
- Stop for a light lunch at the Shires Rest and a drink at the Green Dragon, both located on a typical New Zealand sheep farm.
- One and a half hours on set.
- See the hobbit holes up close, a great opportunity for lots of memorable photos.
- Experienced guides are on hand to reveal the many stories about the production of the movie.
- The Hobbiton set has been lovingly restored to its original condition and is now a permanent attraction.
Collection from your hotel.
We arrive on set.
Your guided tour of Hobbiton begins.
We stop for a drink at the Green Dragon.
Enjoy a light lunch at The Shires Rest (included in your tour cost).
We depart Hobbiton and head back to Auckland.
Arrive in Auckland and the conclusion of your tour.
For more information on our Hobbiton Day Tour just complete and submit the enquiry form and we will be in touch shortly.