Cruise New Zealand....imagine sitting on deck as you cruise through the stunning waters of this amazing island nation.
Clear waters, golden beaches and secluded bays.
Or perhaps a cruise through Milford Sound, described by English author Rudyard Kipling as the "Eighth Wonder of the World". Towering peaks, cascading waterfalls that plunge into the dark depths of this spectacular sound await you.
The Bay of Islands, part of
New Zealand Northland
, has a beauty all its own. Wonderful waterways dotted with islands, inlets and amazing bays.
Or even the beautiful Marlborough Sounds.
These are just some of the places that you can see if you cruise New Zealand.
There are various commercial cruise lines that tour New Zealand from various parts of the world.
And you can search through the range of available cruises by just clicking on the banner below.
I want to cruise New Zealand, but how can I find available cruises
The large passenger lines
The larger passenger lines, such as Celebrity Cruises, P & O, Princess, and Royal Caribbean, tour New Zealand regularly, and visit ports such as:
* Akaroa (a pretty french inspired village on Bank's Peninsula), where you can swim with the dolphins, take a nature cruise on the harbor, take your time and explore the many gift shops and restaurants, or even visit the South Island's largest city Christchurch (75 kilometers away).
* Dunedin (known as "the Scotland of the South"), where you can take a wildlife discovery cruise, kayak, explore the wonders of Dunedin's Scottish heritage with a city tour, take a trip on the spectacular Taieri Gorge railway, or just relax and explore at your own pace.
* Napier (the Art Deco Capital, located in the
Hawke's Bay Region
). Explore Napier's unique architecture, visit the National Aquarium of
New Zealand, sample the region's award winning wines, jetboat, or visit
Cape Kidnappers, home to the famous
Cape Kidnapper's Golf Course
, and the world's only mainland Gannet Colony.
* Picton (in the beautiful Marlborough Sounds), where you can visit the aquarium, sample the region's mouth watering seafood and wines, kayak or cruise on the calm waters of the Sounds, or walk the iconic Queen Charlotte Track.
* Wellington , New Zealand's capital and cultural hub, is a vibrant, bustling city built around a beautiful harbour. Take a ride on the famous Wellington Cable Car, stroll along the harbor, visit New Zealand's National Museum, Te Papa, visit a seal colony, or even take a Lord of the Rings tour. There is so much to do in Wellington.
* Tauranga , is a coastal resort in the Bay of Plenty. Appropriately named by British explorer Captain Cook, the region is rich in natural beauty and resources. Soak in a hot pool, take a walk to the top of Mount Maunganui for spectacular views of the coastline, or take a day tour to Rotorua and experience the thermal wonders and Maori cultural delights of this popular destination.
* Northland is home to the stunning Bay of Islands, an important marine reserve home to abundant marine life. The region is also the birthplace of New Zealand, and home to the "Treaty of Waitangi". Visit the Treaty House, take a cruise to the unusual Hole in the Rock, wander around the historic villages of Russell and Paihia, or see the region from the air with a thrilling heli flight.
* Fiordland National Park is perhaps New Zealand's number one attraction. Cruise into the breath taking Milford Sound and be amazed by the towering snow capped peaks and thundering waterfalls. The memories of Milford Sound will remain with you forever.
Combine a shore excursion with your cruise
There's a huge range of shore excursions available from all major cruise ports in New Zealand.
You can search the range of New Zealand shore excursions here.
You can search for your perfect New Zealand cruise here
To learn more about cruise ships visiting New Zealand, or to check availability and prices, just click on the banner below.
Short activity cruises
In addition to the major cruise lines, there are hundreds of private operators offering a huge range of activity cruises throughout New Zealand.
These tours take you to some standout attractions like Milford Sound, Doubtful Sound, the Marlborough Sounds, and the beautiful Bay of Islands.
The Fiordland region is hugely popular, and cruises on both Milford and Doubtful Sounds are two of the most popular activities in New Zealand. The scenery is simply stunning.
See the dolphins near Kaikoura or Akaroa, or even let your hair down on a range of thrilling jetboat adventures throughout New Zealand.
The choice is almost endless.
To read reviews, check availability, and to see a range of Fiordland tours, click here.
To see a full range of short activity cruises covering all regions, just click here.